Dr. Jonathan E. Mayer is a board-certified dermatologist originally from Orlando, Florida. He received his Bachelor's degree and Master of Public Health degree from Harvard University. He received his M.D. from Columbia University in New York City. Dr. Mayer completed his internal medicine preliminary year at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Most recently, he completed his residency in dermatology at the University of Colorado.
Dr. Mayer is an accomplished researcher and has published more than 25 papers in peer-reviewed journals. His academic interests include melanoma and skin cancer prevention, dermatoepidemiology, and health policy.
Using medical and surgical modalities, he enjoys treating patients of all ages who have skin conditions or need a skin check. He values getting to know his patients and practicing patient-centered, humanistic dermatology.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Mayer is an award-winning and published playwright. He also enjoys hiking, dining out, and spending time with his lovely wife and baby boy.
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Harvard College
- Published playwright, poet, and short story writer.
- Five plays published and performed around the world.
- Won 2006 VSA Arts Playwright Discovery Award; world premiere of play was professionally produced at the John F. Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Short story was part of an experimental exhibition at the Louvre in Paris.
- Competed in the Mock Trial National Tournament in 2008 and 2009.