- Board Certified Dermatologist
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado
- D.O., Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale, Arizona
- Traditional Rotating Internship, Larkin Community Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Dermatology Residency, Larkin Community Hospital, Miami, Florida
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- International Society of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Sam Ecker was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota but relocated with his family as a teenager to Steamboat Springs, where he attended high school and later served as a fire fighter for the city. Dr. Ecker completed his undergraduate education at the University of Colorado at Boulder and earned his medical degree from Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona. He completed his medical internship and dermatology residency at Larkin Community Hospital in Miami, Florida where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Ecker has received numerous awards throughout his training and has authored several scientific papers and book chapters.
As a resident, Dr. Ecker received training from many world-renowned dermatologists specializing in general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, dermatopathology, dermoscopy, cutaneous surgery and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Ecker has extensive experience treating patients with rare, complex and challenging dermatologic conditions as well as more common skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancer.
In his free time, Dr. Ecker enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, hiking, running, kite surfing and playing guitar. His wife, Rachel, is a pediatric dentist and works in the Fort Collins area. They have two young children, Abigail and Thomas.