Safe Office and Telehealth Visits are Helping Patients Feel Good About Feeling and Looking Better
Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery has reopened all our offices and we’re anxious to get back to “normal”. However, we recognize that our lives – and our offices - may continue to look a little different for some time to come, as we work very hard to KEEP you healthy and safe and to help you FEEL safe as well.
Elevating Your Patient Experience, Even in Stressful Times
"The safety of my patients and my team is my number one priority,” said Nina Garcia, PA-C of Advanced Dermatology’s Alexandria, VA office. We go above and beyond to ensure that you will have a safe and non-stressful visit.”
Advanced Dermatology Does More Than Just "Go With the Flow" To Ensure Your Safety
“I felt the Advanced Dermatology office in Loveland, Colorado, adapted very well to the new guidelines on how to handle COVID-19,” said Tylee (who gave us permission to use her name). “In addition to the traditional guidelines, they added things such as clean and dirty pen jars, chairs in front of their front desk to keep distance from staff, and arrows to have only one flow of traffic. Staff wore masks and gloves and took temperatures upon arrival. I felt very safe being seen here.”
Hard at Work Keeping You Safe and Comfortable
“As the Location Manager in our Boca Raton office I could not be any prouder to work for Advanced Dermatology because of the way in which we are handling safety protocols in our offices,” said Marlene Pellegrino. “It's so nice to have patients comment on how comfortable they are. We are working very hard to keep our offices safe for all patients and employees.”
All Advanced Dermatology offices have implemented Coronavirus pre-screenings, social distancing measures and rigid cleaning protocols to keep our offices safe for patients to visit. We’ve also made Telehealth appointments available, which many patients have found very convenient. Many insurances have waived the out-of-pocket fee for Telehealth visits during the COVID-19 crisis. However, not all have, and coverage changes often as the situation evolves. Your insurance company can help you determine if you are charged a copay, coinsurance or your deductible for these visits.
Feel Confident About the Safety Precautions We've Put in Place for You:
- We’ll screen you for common and less typical COVID-19 symptoms and travel history to determine how best to care for you. Please be honest with us when answering these questions.
- We also screen our providers and team members every day for these same symptoms and conditions.
- We promote social distancing, creating appropriate seating distance in the office and waiting rooms and minimizing the time you wait in all settings.
- Our teams consistently wear the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE), and ask our patients and visitors to wear masks while in our offices. The CDC has guidance on how to make them, wear them, and wash them. The masks should cover your mouth AND nose.
- We have elevated our levels of infection prevention, including hand and contact hygiene, and removing printed materials from waiting areas and patient rooms.
- We have enhanced cleaning procedures of exam rooms between patients, and increased frequency and types of cleanings of our facilities.
- We also ask patients to limit the number and ages of visitors during appointments. Before coming to your appointment, please be sure to check with the office to see if you are permitted to bring a visitor with you. If medically necessary, we can make accommodations. Please be sure your visitor follows the guidelines we've put in place to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Remember, if we advise you to come into the office for your visit, we are doing everything possible to keep our offices safe for you to visit. If you have an appointment scheduled and you are sick (and you haven't yet notified your doctor's office), you need to call us before coming into the office so we can best direct you based on our Coronavirus protocols.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for following our guidance to keep you, your fellow patients and our teams safe. We have worked diligently to approach this situation with a balance of caution and accommodation.
As always, we are here to care for you. Schedule your appointment today by booking online, by calling us at 866.400.3376 or by calling for a Telehealth appointment at 844.989.3376.