Best Reasons to See Your Dermatologist This Summer
Instead of planning a road trip or flying off to an exotic location this summer, you’ve opted for the perfect staycation, with local places to see, restaurants to try and friends to hang out with.
If you really want to make the most of this time, make it a point to say hello to your dermatologist. Summer vacation is the perfect time to treat yourself (and your family) to everything your dermatology professional offers.
BOOK ONLINE 866.400.3376
Here are eight things to talk to your Dermatologist about during your staycation this summer
- Do you have any spots or moles? Summer is a great time for your annual Total-Body Skin Cancer Examsm. Your dermatologist or dermatology professional is ready to check you out head to toe. Have any spots or moles that concern you, or that you’ve noticed are changing or growing? Don’t delay. Get them checked.
- Up your skin-care game. Have you been using the same skin care products since you were a teen? Now would be the perfect time to discuss the best skin care products for cleansing, hydrating, moisturizing and brightening your skin. And you don’t have to settle for thinning, dry or lifeless hair anymore. Ask about our proprietary line of Proscriptix FX® shampoos, conditioners, serums, Pro.Pil FX® Daily Nutra Boost supplement and more.
- Have a HydraFacial®. Enjoy an experience you don’t want to miss! Hydrafacials cleanse, extract, and hydrate your skin. Remove debris from your pores with painless suction, uncover a new layer of skin with gentle exfoliation and resurface with a quick, relaxing treatment.
- Have a Hydrafacial® Keravive Treatment for your scalp. HydraFacial Vortex Technology extracts dirt, oil and impurities from your scalp and hair follicles while stimulating circulation.
- Prepare for your time in the sun. Talk with your dermatologist about your skin protection routine and if there is more you can be doing to be sun safe. For example proper exfoliation can impact how well your skin can absorb sunscreen and other products. Also, have a talk about the medications you’re taking. Some prescription drugs can change the way your skin reacts to sunlight.
- Pursue a non-surgical cosmetic procedure to help you look and feel your best. Unlike some procedures that can leave your skin more sensitive to the sun, BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures and dermal fillers don’t make your skin more vulnerable. This makes summer a perfect time to reduce wrinkles and restore volume. Return from your staycation looking more relaxed.
- Get rid of diet and exercise resistant fat cells. PHYSIQ, Coolsculpting®, Venus Bliss™ and VelaShape® help you achieve your peak physique with little to no downtime still in time for bathing suit season, making this a great summer procedure (as well as year round). Think of a little less curve here, a little less bulge there, and you get the picture. Some contouring procedures tighten the underlying muscles as well.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. With MiraDry® or BOTOX® procedures on your underarms, you can stop excessive sweating when the heat is the worst. You may notice the benefits even more during hot summer months when perspiration is at its peak.
Book an appointment online or call 866.400.3376 DERM to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology professionals who can also recommend a whole range of skin care products to use on the road and once you get back home.