Dr. Andy Kalajian grew up on the east coast of Florida in the town of Melbourne Beach where he enjoyed playing soccer as well as surfing and fishing. An avid Gator fan, Dr. Kalajian graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science with highest honors in Chemical Engineering. He earned his medical degree and was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL where he subsequently completed two years of internal medicine residency.
He then completed his dermatology residency under the direction of Dr. Jeff Callen at the University of Louisville, serving as Chief Resident in Dermatology in his final year. Dr. Kalajian completed subspecialty training in a Mohs Micrographic Surgery fellowship at the University of Louisville under the direction of Dr. Michael McCall. Dr. Kalajian has a special interest and training in the treatment of skin cancers. He has authored numerous manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Kalajian was an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Division of Dermatology at the University of Louisville prior to he and his family’s move to Fort Collins in 2010.
Dr. Kalajian practices Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Fort Collins at the Poudre River Drive location.
Dr. Kalajian and his wife have two wonderful daughters and love living in Northern Colorado. The family enjoys skiing, hiking, camping, and traveling together. Dr. Kalajian also enjoys fishing, reading, and watching college football.
Certification and Memberships:
- Board Certified in Dermatology (2008), Re-certified 2018
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Colorado Dermatological Society
- Larimer County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Medical Honor Society
- Laennec Award for Excellence in Clinical Medicine (2003)
- University of South Florida Academic Excellence Award (1999 – 2003)