Dr. Kaplan is a native of Woodbury, New York, where he was high school valedictorian and a National Merit Scholar. He completed his undergraduate education at Duke University, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree from the Duke University School of Medicine, where he was the recipient of numerous scholarships and awards for academic excellence and research. Dr. Kaplan was honored with induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. Following medical school, Dr. Kaplan completed an internship at Duke University Medical Center and a residency in dermatology at Duke University, consistently ranked among the nation’s top medical centers. At Duke, he was the Chief Resident in Dermatology and also served on the faculty of the Dermatology Division. Dr. Kaplan obtained specialized fellowship training in Mohs Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, which ranks among the world’s top academic medical centers. This intensive training program, at one of the nation’s leading Dermatology departments, was certified by both the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology and the American College of Graduate Medical Education. Dr. Kaplan is board certified in Dermatology and Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery.
- Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors™ 2022 Dermatology – Dr. Andrew L. Kaplan, M.D.
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors™ 2021 Dermatology – Dr. Andrew L. Kaplan, M.D.
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors™ 2020 Dermatology – Dr. Andrew L. Kaplan, M.D.
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors™ 2019 Dermatology – Dr. Andrew L. Kaplan, M.D.