Dr. Bret Baack (Bret R. Baack, M.D., F.A.C.S.) earned his medical degree from the University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine, where he also trained in General Surgery. He completed a Fellowship in Plastic Surgery at Southern Illinois University in Springfield, Illinois. Upon completion of his training, he joined the University of New Mexico as a faculty member in 1990 and served as the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery from 1995 to 2012. He has authored over 30 publications and 5 plastic surgery textbook chapters, has given numerous talks and lectures as an expert in his field, and served as an instructor for plastic surgery residents as part of his duties as a Full Professor of Plastic Surgery.
He was finally able to realize his dream of practicing with his brother when he joined the Fort Collins Skin Clinic in 2012. He has a special interest in dermatology, and incorporates both plastic surgery and dermatology into his current practice. He thoroughly enjoys Fort Collins and spending his free time with his family. His hobbies include hiking, running, basketball, and golf.
Certification and Membership:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Certificates of Recognition in Faculty Excellence in Resident and Medical Student Teaching
- Voted Albuquerque-The Magazine “Top Doc” in plastic surgery in 2010