Jason grew up in Salt Lake City where he studied pre-medical sciences at the University of Utah. He completed his PA training, in 1997, at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California. In 2002, Jason completed his dermatology distance learning residency through the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Earning a Masters of Physician Assistant Studies degree with an emphasis in Dermatology.
Jason practiced in the Seattle area from 1997 to 2001, caring primarily for the underserved migrant farm workers at Community Health Centers. He has been practicing dermatology since moving to Phoenix in 2001.
Jason enjoys all aspects of general dermatology, however his passion is utilizing medical devices, such as laser, IPL and radiofrequency. He is certified to operate the following devices:
- DEKA Co2 SmartXIDE Tetra with coolpeel, both used for skin resurfacing, acne scars and sun spots.
- Candela VBEAM is used to treat several vascular lesions like facial blood vessels, rosacea, hemangiomas and port wine stains. The VBEAM also treats warts, stretch marks scars, psoriasis and superficial freckles.
- FRAXEL 1550 is used for skin resurfacing.
- Erbium yag is used to gently remove unwanted moles and other growths usually on the face.
- Sharplan 1030 C02 for certain lesion destruction.
- Venus Versa Viva Radiofrequency is used for skin resurfacing, large pore reduction and acne scars. The device also has an IPL hand piece used to treat hyperpigmentation, freckles and rosacea.
At home Jason enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He is an avid motorcyclist and loves riding across Arizona and the Southwest. Jason is fluent in Spanish, and he and his family travel as frequently as possible to Rocky Point. Jason sees patients in our North Scottsdale location.